Malware attack is happening more and more
Malware and “Malvertisements” have increased by 132 in 2017.These malwares are delivered through Google’s networks and have ransomeware and scams and redirect victims to phishing pages. Phishing has had a 1,978 percent increase in the last year. It’s crucial to keep your website updated regularly.
Cyber attacks are here!
A global cyber attack began last Friday and will be worse this week, as people turn back on their computers at work. Malicious software was stolen from the U.S. government and began infiltrating computer systems all over the world. (Charlotte Observer article.)
Copycat variants of the malicious software is also developing. This recent attack has already hit 200,000 computers in more than 150 countries, and major companies such as Fed Ex in the United States, French automaker Renault, Universities in China, Germany’s railway system, Russian’s Interior Ministry and Great Britain’s public health system.
What you can do to protect your computer:
- Download and install the latest operating system and security patches.
- Install and use a reputable antivirus software
- Back up your data frequently
- Do not open email attachments from people you don’t know
What you can do to protect your website:
- Keep your WordPress and plugins updated
- Do a monthly virus scan of website
- Add software that regularly scans your site for malware and adware
- Install Captchas on your forms
- Remove your email from your website
- Don’t allow comments on your website, until you validate the person making the comments
- Use strong passwords to log into your site and hosting
If you haven’t updated your website in a couple of months, or even a couple of years (Scary!) contact SCD Consulting Services and arrange for a free consultation to discuss updating your website.