Digital marketing could take different forms, and one of its several forms is email marketing. Email marketing is a type of internet marketing that occurs when a company sends promotional messages or materials to groups of people by email. These messages typically contain advertisements, commercial messages, sales or donation requests, or a business call.
Any type of email with such content is an example of email marketing and its purpose is to acquire new customers, build or improve a company’s relationship with its current customers, and for customers to consider repeat business with them, to build trust, loyalty or to publicize your brand.
Deliverability of emails
For increased success in email marketing, you must always take note of deliverability of your mails. That is, the number of your mails that make it to the Inbox of your subscribers. This is very important as you do not want to have a high percentage of your mails ending in the subscribers’ spam.
The consequence of having low deliverability is that it leads to a waste money and time, as the end goal of every email campaign is to make the subscribers see it and act in it. But this will be impossible where the email didn’t even make it to their inbox.
For this reason, you need to always keep an eye on the deliverability stats.
Advantages of email marketing
Email marketing is popular with companies for the following reasons:
- An exact return on investment can be tracked. It has been shown to be high when done correctly. Email marketing is often reported as the second after search marketing as the most effective marketing tactic.
- Compared to traditional mail, email marketing is cheaper and faster than traditional mail. Traditional mail takes time to produce the artwork, print, address, and mail.
- Email provides a cost-effective method to test a variety of marketing content. This includes visual, marketing and multimedia creative resources. Data collected through testing on the email channel can be used across all print and digital marketing campaign channels.
- Advertisers can reach a significant number of email subscribers who have chosen to receive email communications on topics that interest them.
- Compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces a higher response rate and a higher average order value for e-commerce companies.
Disadvantages of email marketing
Here are some of the downsides to email marketing.
- Mail can be classified as spam. People’s inboxes are flooded with email, both requested and unsolicited. Many servers have filters to reduce the amount of spam emails. People can also further adjust their email filters to their own liking. This could cause the email to land in a spam folder and never be seen.
- Email marketing requires constant adjustments to keep subscribers engaged. The seller must work to maintain a level of engagement to prevent the reader from unsubscribing. Another thing to work on is carefully designing email marketing so that it looks exactly as the marketer imagined
Top digital marketing agency in Charlotte
Email marketing, despite its flaws, could be very beneficial to any business. In fact, the benefits far outweigh the downsides. When done the right way, the return on investment could be really massive. To do it the right way, you either need to garner experience in writing great email copies, or employ the services of a good digital marketing agency.
Contact SCD consulting services if you need help with your email marketing campaigns. Our experts have the experience, resources, and knowledge to develop the best email marketing campaigns for your business. Contact SCD Consulting Services today, your Charlotte concierge online marketing team for top SEO results.